- Defeat at Monaco last week (1-2) snapped a three game winning streak.
- Performances have been good from Angers this season and they’ve rarely given a bad account of themselves in any match.
- Angers will be using their no3 goalkeeper Denis Petric here due to the long term injury to Alexandre Letellier and suspension of Mathieu Michel.
- Winger Billy Ketkeo is out for the rest of the season with an ACL injury and striker Giles Sunu is rated doubtful.
- The western outfit have won their last two consecutive home games, so should approach the match with some confidence.
- Victory against Nantes last week (2-1) was just their second of the season.
- OM were excellent away from home last season but have lost all three road games this term, conceding a massive 8 goals in the process!
- However, performances have arguably been better than results might suggest, it’s often key individual errors that cost them.
- Unchanged squad compared to last week with the midfield duo of Abou Diaby & Lassana Diaby the most notable absentees.
- Marseille are rarely defensive minded away from home, sometimes to their detriment. Being a big team they will always try and impose themselves upon supposed inferior opposition.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This could be an exciting game as long as Angers don’t go into their shell.
- Sometimes they operate defensively against some of the bigger teams. OM might not be a power side anymore, but they still possesses a huge reputation.
- Marseille should come here looking for the win but they can never be trusted at the back to keep things tight. Angers will definitely get chances, but OM should create them as well.
- It’s a sign of the times that Angers are slight favourites on a DNB line. This is probably fair, but the bookies can’t pick a winner and neither can I.
- The bet I like is over 2 goals. Both teams have proved they can score in recent times, but also that they can’t always keep it tight at the back.
- As aforementioned, the only real worry is if Angers go into their shell and over respect Marseille, but hopefully that won’t happen.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.83