- Victory away at Bastia last week (2-1) has seen Angers win 4 of their last 6 games, moving them up to 10th in the table.
- Following a sticky start, they are right back on track and playing some fairly good football.
- With the exception of long term casualties, Alexandre Letellier (GK) & Billy Ketkeo (winger), the squad is in excellent condition with no major injuries or suspensions.
- Angers have surprisingly only kep one clean sheet all season which is a low number for a team known more for defensive solidity and organisation.
- TFC are up to the dizzy heights of fourth spot after claiming another big scalp last weekend, 3-1 against Monaco.
- This follows on from their excellent success against PSG a few rounds ago and in total they've won 4 of their last 5 games. This team has carried its momentum all through the summer following their miraculous survival.
- Toulouse aren’t as strong away from home though and have only won 1 of their 5 road games this campaign.
- Injury news again very favourable, with only insignificant or longer term casualties ruled out.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- The last time these two teams met, Toulouse secured survival on the last day of the season by coming from 0-1 and 1-2 down to ultimately win 3-2.
- So this ground will bring back all those happy memories and should be a stadium they are comfortable at. TFC need to improve their away form though, which isn’t that great.
- Just 3 of their 14 goals scored this season have been on the road and they simply don’t carry as much of a threat on their travels.
- Angers are the favourites on a DNB handicap, although only just. Once again the bookies really rate Toulouse too highly, which is probably unfair.
- The goal line is set at a very generous 2.0 close to the even money mark, and this is something I’m strongly interested in.
- For both teams, 5 of their last 6 games have all contained at least two goals in them. Each side is playing with confidence going forwards which should lead to a relatively open game.
- I don’t think this’ll be a mega scoring goal feast but I’m thinking at worst a push should occur taking this bet, with a decent chance of a full win. I think someone will take a 2-1 victory.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.96