- Les Girondins remain inconsistent but are still sixth in the table. The problem is you never know which version will turn up. They played well in the second half last week to draw against Rennes 1-1.
- Seem to have too many flat spots during the 90 mins and losses of concentration during certain periods are costly.
- Team news is very favourable with few injuries and no suspensions to worry about. Attacker, Thomas Toure is out for a couple of months, but he’s not a regular starter anyway.
- Failure to score in both of their last two home games against Caen & Angers is perhaps of slight concern.
- Rock bottom of the table and have only won a single game all season. Their miserable goal tally of just four scored in nine games sums up their main problem.
- The strike duo of Youssouf Hadji & Christophe are both injured. This may or may not be a good thing because neither have been in great form.
- Nancy’s main objective will probably be to sit back and frustrate Bordeaux. These particular tactics simply haven’t been working though and the coach needs to revert back to their free flowing ways which they demonstrated in Ligue 2 last season.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Bordeaux haven’t won in their last three games but will see this match as an ideal opportunity to get back on track.
- Nancy haven’t enjoyed life back in Ligue 1. Their performances and results have been very similar to the last time they were in this division.
- Coach Pablo Correa has reverted back to his negative ways and it simply isn’t working. Whether he will change I’m not sure, but no defences are fearing Nancy right now.
- Bordeaux are understandable and rightful favourites. But they might be bigger than they should be @ around the 1.85 mark.
- The gulf in class between the two teams on paper is big enough to warrant even shorter odds on the hosts and I’m willing to back them on this -0.5 line.
- It probably won’t be a classic, but something like a 1-0 or 2-0 home win looks likely. Due to Nancy’s issues in front of goal, Bordeaux know that possible only a single strike would be enough to collect all three points.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Bordeaux -0.5 @ 1.85