- A total of 5 defeats in 9 matches sees Caen fourth bottom of the table, only outside of the relegation zone by virtue of goal difference.
- The Normans have however won 3 of their 4 home fixtures, the only blemish being the horrible 0-6 thrashing at the hands of PSG.
- Right winger Karamoh & left back Imorou are both ruled out because of injury, but everyone else is available.
St Etienne preview
- Sainte have really blown hot and cold this season and are currently situated bang in the midtable vicinity, 10th spot.
- Last weekend they played quite poorly against Dijon and were lucky to obtain a late equaliser, courtesy of a dubious penalty.
- Sainte have yet to win away from home all season and netted just once since the opening day of the season on their travels.
- Injuries have plagued Les Verts in recent weeks but now only midfielder Fabien Lemoine & winger Romain Hamouma are ruled out.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- It looks like a fairly tight match will start off Sunday proceedings in Ligue 1. Neither side has been setting the world alight recently.
- Caen actually did the double against Sainte last season so will hope for more of the same here. They are slight favourites on a DNB handicap which is probably about fair.
- On paper, the visitors are the better team but they need to improve on recent displays which have been concerning.
- I don’t really trust either side right now and something like a 1-1 draw is perhaps the most likely outcome. I’m not interested in betting on the match.
Recommended bet: None