- Recovered after losing three straight games to draw against Bordeaux 0-0 last week.
- It’s not been the greatest start to the season for the Normans though and they’ve lost 4 of their last 6 games.
- Goalscoring isn’t something that Caen usually have a problem with but they’ve only netted once in their last four games, which is unlike them.
- Centre back Syam Ben Youssef is suspended but he might not have started anyway.
- TFC must be absolutely buzzing following their superb 2-0 win against PSG last week. It was one of Les Violet’s best ever wins in recent memory.
- Coach Pascal Dupraz has done a wonderful job here since taking over as coach and they are still riding the massive wave of momentum from staying up last season.
- Centre back Steve Yago is suspended and striker Martin Braithwaite is rated doubtful.
- Toulouse won’t fear anyone but have showed a tendency to be more defensive on the road, drawing 2 of their 3 road games 0-0.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- On paper there’s not a lot between the two teams but Toulouse are playing the better football at the moment and that's reflected in the prices.
- TFC are only slight underdogs on a DNB handicap and you’d be brave to bet against them at the moment.
- Under normal circumstances I’d fancy the overs. But Caen’s lack of goals and TFC’s lower scoring road games put me off.
- I still respect Caen but I think Toulouse will beat them tonight. I don’t have such strong feelings in TFC to actually bet on them though, so I’ll leave this alone.
Recommended bet: None