- Les Rouges have demonstrated with victories over Lyon (4-2) and Rennes (3-0) that they can mix it with the bigger teams at this level.
- Have looked good at home since their opening day defeat to Nantes and have always historically been strong here in recent years.
- New new injuries to worry about, although the attacking duo of Julio Tavares & Romain Amalfitano remain out. Midfielder Florent Balmont is suspended.
- Dijon continue to be attack minded under coach Olivier Dall'Oglio and this is refreshing to see as a promoted team who have no fear.
- Winless since the opening day of the season and find themselves in the lower reaches of the table.
- No clean sheet since then has hardly helped matters and in their last away match they got smashed 5-1 by Lyon.
- Important defender Daniel Congre is ruled out injured but everyone else is available, New signing Stephane Sessegnon could be in line for a debut.
- Montpellier are a very settled side but not playing great. They have lost lost to a promoted team Metz (0-1) and wont want a repeat of that here.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Dijon will eye another established Ligue 1 scalp and be confident of beating an out of form Montpellier.
- It’s clear the hosts are playing without fear and will probably take the game to their opponents.
- They were excellent during last week’s 3-0 win against Rennes and I don’t think an awful lot will change here, Montpellier will be under pressure.
- I don’t see how Dijon are such a big price on a DNB handicap. They just beat one of the better teams in Ligue 1 and this won’t be so tough. Taking them on this line is a no brainer in my opinion.
- Over 2 goals is also worth backing. Dijon are an attack minded team and Montpellier’s defensive issues are well documented. There’s a good chance of at least a push out of this bet.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Dijon DNB @ 1.85
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.75