- Back to back victories against big reputation clubs Lille and Lyon should certainly have maintained a strong morale at the club. They are riding as high as fifth in the ligue, much better than anyone anticipated.
- New coach Antoine Kombouare has instilled a nice vibrant atmosphere inside the club. They are a high energy type side who will run all day and they feel like a ‘busy’ outfit who want to make things happen.
- Injury and suspension news is again favourable with nobody of significance ruled out. Guingamp have been keeping a very consistent XI this season which has served them well.
- The visitors have only lost 1 of their last 7 games and have steadily progressed up the table since their terrible start.
- Angers are a well balanced side who are only affected by injuries to long term casualties. They have no suspensions and are likely to stick with the same XI which has served them well recently.
- Their usual away tactics are to sit back and wait for counter attacking opportunities. They have shown good defensive solidity in outings at Bordeaux, Bastia and to some extent Monaco even though they lost.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I rate both teams fairly highly and both are also in good form. It could be hard to separate either of them and a draw is maybe most likely.
- Guingamp are priced in between a DNB & -0.25 handicap line which is somewhat tempting. They have won 3 out of 4 at home this season and played some good stuff here.
- The goal line is 2.0 and could be grabbed as big as 1.98. This is another tempter because this match could potentially open up a bit. However, statistically both sides tend to have a lot of under games, perhaps due to a lack of finishing or poor decision making in the final third.
- So in this instance I’d say it’s best to swerve the match in what looks a difficult contest all round to predict.
Recommended bet: None