- Have had a shocking start to the season losing 5 out of 7 games. Nothing seems to be going right for Frederic Antonetti’s men.
- Fullback Franck Beria is suspended, whilst the midfield duo of Nicolas de Preville & Mounir Obbadi are injured. Winger Ryan Mendes is doubtful.
- For Lille to possess the joint worst defensive record in the ligue and to have obtained one clean sheet is quite remarkable. This is a side which on paper has great defensive strength and known for its solidity.
- Confidence is low and they somehow need to grind out a result in this one.
- Have lost 4 out of 7 games and struggled to adapt in Ligue 1 following their promotion.
- In recent weeks have moved into their shell and focused more on defensive organisation. I don’t think Nancy will be a pretty team this season.
- Goal scoring has been a major problem, which is the opposite to their style from last year in Ligue 2.
- Injuries are fairly few and far between. They haven’t been to blame and the coach has the majority of his players available for selection.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a basement battle between 20th and 19th in the table. Neither side has been playing very well this season and there’s plenty of pressure on both.
- That pressure is tenfold on Lille who are performing well below expectations. Coach Frederic Antonetti will be feeling the heat.
- I expect this to be a very tight and tense match. Neither side is unlikely to open up too much.
- Lille are generally an odds- on shot just to win, and this is too short when you consider how they’ve been playing.
- That said, they should be able to beat Nancy. The gulf in class between the two squads is quite vast and it would be a big disappointment for Lille if they failed.
- There is too much uncertainty surrounding both sides at the moment so I’m happy to leave this alone.
Recommended bet: None