- Second bottom of the table after losing 6 of their 8 matches this season. Les Merlus have however won both of their last two home games 1-0.
- They have shown signs of improvements recently and appear to be more solid defensively compared to recent years.
- Lorient have injuries across the board, with the most notable absences coming in the final third where Benjamin Moukandjo & Jimmy Cabot both miss out.
- Have failed to beat Nantes in any of their last seven meetings and don't have a good recent record in this particular Brittany derby.
- A win 1-0 at home to Bastia last time out was just their second this season.
- So far it’s been a disappointing campaign for Les Canaris and new coach Rene Girard has yet to have the desired positive effect.
- Nantes have only scored four goals so far, which is one of the lowest tallies in the entire division. To put it frankly, they simply don’t look much of a threat going forwards.
- Key centre back Oswaldo Vizcarrondo is suspended, but nobody else of significance is ruled out.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a Brittany derby between two old rivals so I expect quite a committed performance from both teams, nobody will want to lose.
- Goalscoring has been an issue for both sides this season so it’s reasonable to expect a low scoring contest.
- Both defences might cancel each other out and this match probably has a high chance of ending a draw.
- Lorient are slight favourites on a DNB handicap which seems about fair. They managed to graft their way to a couple of hard fought 1-0 home wins recently.
- I find this a pretty tough match to bet on and I simply have no interest. Unless you are a draw or under backer, then pretty lean pickings available here.
Recommended bet: None