- OL have now lost 4 of their last 7 Ligue 1 matches after Nice beat them 2-0 last Friday night.
- More disappointment followed in the midweek CL, losing at home to 10 man Juventus 0-1.
- It’s not the start to the campaign that Bruno Genesio wanted. He’s actually under some pressure at the moment and results need to improve.
- He’ll be helped by the return of Alexandre Lacazette. He looked rusty in midweek, even missing a penalty against Juventus, but should come on for the run and be in contention to start again.
- A trio of defenders will all miss out today. Yanga Mbiwa, Jallet & Morel won’t feature. Lyon are at full strength in attacking areas, minus Nabil Fekir who’s suspended.
- The Brittany outfit got back to winning ways last week, beating Lille 1-0 at home. They are back up to fifth in the table now.
- Injury and suspension news is very favourable with only long term casualties ruled out.
- Guingamp have lost their last three road games and haven’t been as effective on the road.
- Recent record against Lyon is awful, losing all of the last six contests.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- OL really need a win to get back on track. Guingamp are actually ahead of them in the table heading into this game which is quite shocking after nine games played!
- Most of Lyon’s bad results have come on the road. Here at their new stadium they are much more formidable, winning 3 of their 4 games comfortably.
- With Alexandre Lacazette back in the side they will carry much more of a threat going forwards and he can make a massive difference.
- Guingamp aren’t that bad but are a fairly limited side. They would be better off coming here trying to attack, but lack of goals in general, especially away from home concerns me.
- OL should be able to claim a relatively routine win. I expect them to dominate the game quite comfortably. Taking them on a -1 handicap makes sense, at worst they should win by a one goal margin.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Lyon -1 (asian) @ 1.85