- Have lost 3 of their last 5 games and started the season fairly poorly.
- OL are usually strong here at their new stadium though and thrashed Montpellier 5-1 last time.
- The hosts have absences in all areas of the field. Jallet, Yanga Mbiwa & Rafael miss out from the backline.
- Grenier & Gonalons are ruled out from the middle of the park, whilst upfront Lacazette & Corgnet won’t feature either.
- Lyon always have a strong bunch of youngsters ready to step in, but they’ve had a hectic schedule recently and it’s starting to show.
St Etienne preview
- Les Verts are unbeaten in six games and have done well to come through a tough period.
- This will be the third consecutive week in which they have played two games, it might start to take its strain on the squad.
- The Sainte injury crisis has reared up its ugly head again. A total of six defenders are ruled out out of action.
- Midfielder Fabien Lemoine is another ruled out, with Ole Selnaes rated doubtful.
- They don’t have a bad recent record in Lyon, although lost this fixture 3-0 last season. A trip to Lyon’s new stadium will be their first ever visit.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A really big derby match to close things out in Ligue 1 before the international break.
- Both teams absolutely hate each other and will be giving 110% effort. I expect a lot of commitment, passion and maybe a bad tempered game.
- I think both teams are licking their battle wounds a bit and the injuries and suspensions have piled up. Sainte look affected worse with a huge number of players ruled out, especially in defence.
- Lyon will be desperate to beat their arch rivals in this first meeting against them at this new stadium. They are short around the 1.62 mark and this looks too skinny when you consider it’s a big derby match.
- Over 2.5 goals is priced about 1.90 and this is the one bet I would consider here.
- There’s a lot of logic to suggest this match will contain at least three goals. However, Sainte games can be up and down and both sides might not have much left in the tank following a hectic schedule.
- Without Maxwell Corgnet and Alexandre Lacazette, I’m willing the reject the chance of a bet and I’ll leave it alone. I do think Lyon will win though and that the game finishes over.
Recommended bet: None