- OM have gotten off to a solid enough start under new coach Rudi Garcia. They drew 0-0 at PSG last weekend, ending their long losing streak against the capital outfit. This was followed up by a hard fought cup win midweek against Clermont.
- Marseille are actually unbeaten in four Ligue games now and are gradually starting to make some positive steps. I’m unsure what to expect from Garcia at the moment. He’s usually quite an adaptive coach so it’s easily possible they could be much more positive in this match.
- Right back Sakai is injured although the attacking duo Romain Alessandrini & Remy Cabella both make their returns from injury,.
- The Velodrome was far from a fortress last season, but OM are much improved here this year and unbeaten in front of their own fans.
- Les Girondins have starting keeper Cedric Carrasso ruled out because of injury. Striker Jeremy Menez will also miss the game along with a few others.
- Bordeaux seem a really inconsistent side under the management of Jocelyn Gourvennec. They are literally capable of anything and haven't won any of their last four games.
- The same can be said in terms of style and tactics. They don’t have an identity under their new manager yet and are difficult to forecast.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- The home team usually has a good record in this fixture, although Bordeaux do tend to have a slight upper hand. Marseille are unbeaten at home this season and have improved at Le Stade Velodrome.
- This has the makings of a close match. It could be one of those contests where the match is open but the goals don't necessarily flow due to some poor misses or last ditch defending.
- Marseille are rightful favourites on a -0.25 handicap, but they don’t have that much of an appeal due to the high draw risk.
- Likewise, the goalline of 2.25 around the 1.90 mark seems about right. It feels like the sort of fixture which might contain exactly two goals.
- Overall, I’d say it makes sense to leave this game alone, there’s too much uncertainty with the clash.
Recommended bet: None