- The newly promoted side have surprised everyone by winning 4 of their 7 games and are flying high at the moment.
- A couple of recent worrying signs though. They got easily beaten at home to Bordeaux last time out and were extremely fortunate to win 1-0 at Montpellier last week.
- Should name a similar team to the one which won last week and confidence is in the squad at the moment. You feel like luck and the force is with them.
- Heading into this match on the back of Champions League game against Leverkusen on Tuesday night. This isn’t something which has bothered Monaco before though.
- There’s always the possibility of some squad rotation though, especially facing a team like Monaco.
- Falcao is ruled out injured whilst wide players Benjamin Mendy & Adama Traore are both doubtful. Important midfielder Bakayoko is suspended.
- Monaco are second in the table after winning 5 of their 7 games. They have to keep picking up three points against the likes of Metz.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Monaco really should be winning a match like this and their price is reflective of that fact.
- However, Metz are a bit of a fluky team and have shown no fear this season since their promotion. They have a knack of getting results at the moment.
- Monaco have a habit of labouring to wins against lesser teams. They only just saw off Angers 2-1 in their last game and got hammered 4-0 by Nice in their previous away match.
- I’m expecting an away win, but with odds around the 1.80 mark I’m happy enough to leave them alone.
Recommended bet: None