- Les Grenats have lost 3 of their last 4 games and the good start which they had to the campaign seems to have evaporated.
- Midfielder Cheick Doukoure is suspended and fellow man in the middle Florent Mollet is injured. However, to compensate this Renaud Cohade & Yann Jouffre both return.
- Metz have been hammered 0-3 and 0-7 in both of their last two matches so will be desperate to try and regain some respectability here.
- Against the league leaders they might go into their shell a bit and aim to operate defensively.
- Top of the table Nice are the only remaining unbeaten side in Ligue 1 and have won 7 out of 9 games.
- However, the visitors are set to be without three important regular starters. At the back, Dalbert & Paul Baysse are both ruled out.
- Mario Balotelli, who has been in excellent form this season also won’t feature due to injury.
- Nice played in the midweek Europa League, so might be a little bit flat but so far they’ve coped fairly well on the back of their Thursday night fixtures.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Nice are deserving favourites on a -0.25 handicap, but without some key players maybe they won’t have it so easy.
- Metz have suddenly looked out of their depth at Ligue 1 level but could maybe respond here in a favourable situation.
- The most likely result is a tight away win, but I’m not fully sure here.
- All of the betting lines seem pretty fair to me, so I’m happy to leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None