- The Lorraine outfit are joint bottom of the table and have scored the least amount of goals of anyone in Ligue 1. They did however rescue a draw against Bordeaux last week and actually beat Caen 4-2 in the cup on Wednesday night.
- Nancy have been totally the opposite to the team that was so free flowing and high scoring in Ligue 2. It seems they have totally lost that identity, but perhaps coach Pablo Correa will target this match as an ideal chance to regain their mojo.
- Injury news is relatively favourable with only strikers Hadji and Koura ruled out, but neither have been in great form anyway.
- The Normandy outfit have lost 5 of their last 7 games and are currently inside the relegation zone.
- Their away record is especially poor having lost 4 out of 5 games and only scoring three goals in the process.
- Their offense could struggle without leading playmaker Julien Feret around. Right winger Karamoh is also on the treatment table along with left back Imorou.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- You feel like it’s now or never for Nancy. This is a match they desperately need to win against a fellow rival in poor form. They claimed first blood in the cup encounter midweek although this is a different challenge.
- Caen’s offense concerns me at the moment but they also look vulnerable at the back. We saw how open they became after St Etienne got ahead against them last week.
- Nancy are a decent enough price on a -0.25 handicap. It’s vital they get the job done here and perhaps with a win under their belts, albeit in the cup it might give them the confidence to go out there and perform.
- I’m also happy to take an over 2 goal line. Statistically, both sides have struggled to score goals at times this season but often in matches like this, when both fancy their chances then goals will materialise. Nancy should revert back to their old ways here and a potential shootout could develop.
Recommended bets both 1 unit: Nancy -0.25 @ 1.90 & Over 2 goals @ 1.83