- It’s been a difficult start to life back in Ligue 1 for the Lorraine outfit. They currently sit bottom of the table and have only won a single game so far.
- Lack of goals has been a major concern, netting just three times which is the lowest amount from any team. It’s difficult seeing them creating too many chances today either.
- Veteran striker Youssouf Hadji is injured and the defensive duo of Lenglet & Badilla are suspended.
- Nancy will probably just try and keep it tight and frustrate PSG for as long as possible. If and when they fall behind I don’t really think there will be much of a ‘Plan B’
- The defending champions are now six points adrift of Nice following Friday night’s result.
- PSG haven’t looked that great under the management of Unai Emery this season, with a number of below par performances. They’ve lost 2 of their last 4 away games.
- The visitors have a number of injured players to regular starters today. The likes of Aurier, Maxwell, Kurzawa & Thiago Motta all miss out.
- Perhaps the most significant injury is to leading playmaker Angel Di Maria, whilst a lot of their South American players only returned home from international duty quite late in the week.
- As a result, the matchday squad isn’t anywhere near it’s full strength and the XI is difficult to predict. There could be some surprises.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Under normal circumstances you would expect PSG to easily win this match. There is a large gulf in class between the two sides and Nancy are desperately struggling at the bottom.
- However, if you’re going to face PSG then this perhaps isn’t a bad time. Coming off the back of an international break they are often renowned for being rusty and a number of players are absent.
- Whether Nancy can take advantage of this fact is questionable. One thing they could do though is seriously frustrate the visitors if they are below par.
- There’s half a chance Nancy could sneak a 0-0, or even a 1-1 draw if they took one of their few chances. But probably the most likely outcome is a 0-1 or 0-2 away win.
- But there’s no real value to be found. The goal line and asian handicap line on PSG looks about right. You would have to take the visitors on a -1.25 if you want to make decent profit and there’s no guarantee they can cover fully.
- Overall, I’d say this is a good match to swerve and for those who presume PSG are a clear banker to win, then maybe just be careful because this might stay close.
Recommended bet: None