- Winless since the opening day of the season and really not playing well right now.
- New coach Rene Girard hasn’t made any impact at all, if anything they have gotten worse.
- Some injury concerns in defence with Diego Carlos & Anthony Walongwa both unlikely to feature.
- Nantes have only scored 3 goals in 7 matches which simply isn’t a good enough return at this level.
- The Corsicans continue to grind out results in an ugly way. Most of their success is at home though.
- Bastia aren’t particularly known for their strength on the road and will probably just try to aim for a 0-0 draw here.
- Bastia are missing first choice keeper JL Leca to suspension, along with striker Enzo Crivelli.
- The defensive duo of Sebastien Squillaci & Alexander Djiku are both ruled out injured.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both meetings between the two sides ended 0-0 last season, and the way both are playing right now the same outcome is certainly possible again.
- Nantes don’t have much confidence but this could be a good chance to face a Bastia side missing players.
- I’m not convinced the hosts will be able to win though and I have no interest in backing them at around the 1.80 mark.
- The goal line is between 2.0 and 1.75 and this looks like it could end under. I’m not expecting a classic and it’s not the sort of encounter I want to be betting in.
Recommended bet: None