- Back to back wins has seen them move up towards midtable, easing the pressure on Rene Girard.
- Squad condition very good with no significant injuries or suspensions.
- The biggest strength of Nantes under Girard is their defence which has remained fairly solid.
- Their goalscoring ability is questionable, but has slightly improved recently.
- Christian Gourcuff’s men have been inconsistent this season but reside as high as seventh in the table.
- Their away record is poor, losing 3 out of 4 games and registering just one goal in the process.
- Centre back Bensebaini & midfielder Chantome are the only notable injuries, although the latter has yet to even feature this season much.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- There are many football clubs in Brittany these days that reside in the top two divisions. But this is the ‘big’ one, the derby that really matters the most.
- Both teams hate each other and there is a massive regional pride at stake. I expect a fiercely contested match and sometimes this fixture can get overheated.
- The away team usually goes well in this fixture, possibly because of the extra pressure placed on the home club by its fans. Everyone is so desperate to win.
- It is likely to be a very stop-start sort of game and chances might be at a premium.
- None of the betting lines interests me in this potentially volatile fixture.
- Literally anything could happen here and it wouldn't surprise me at all if at least one player got sent off. Definitely a match to swerve betting wise.
Recommended bet: None