- The south coast club are top of the table having won 8 of their 10 games so far this season. They are the only remaining unbeaten side in Ligue 1.
- Defensive duo Dalbert & Paul Baysse who are both starters continue to miss out with injury. Midfielder Remy Walter is another casualty although not as important.
- Nice still scored four goals without him at Metz last week, but the return of Mario Balotelli from injury is a welcome boost. Nantes have some strong physical defenders and he could match up well to them.
- Defeat at home to arch rivals Rennes last week was a bitter blow and ended their run of successive victories.
- Nantes have generally been below par all season, struggling to score goals and generally not looking great under new coach Rene Girard.
- Squad condition is at least healthy with no major injuries or suspensions. That has been the case all season but it hasn’t necessarily done them much good with players stagnant in terms of performance.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Nice have been absolutely flying this season and there seems to be no holding them back. A win here would restore their six point lead at the top of the table.
- If they have anything about themselves then they should be able to collect a victory. Nantes aren’t a particularly strong side and often struggle going forwards to create chances.
- Nice have been tight at the back as well as being strong going forwards and I’d be surprised if Nantes cause them too many problems. A slightly tricker task might be breaking them down.
- Nice now have enough individual match winners to see them over the line though and ultimately I see them winning this match with a bit to spare. Their price, close to the even money mark is much bigger than I expected, so I’m happy to strike.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Nice -0.5 @ 1.98