- The defending champions have already lost two games this season, including a 0-2 reverse last week at Toulouse when they were totally outplayed.
- Apart for a couple of simple wins against poorers sides, PSG haven't really looked that good under new coach Unai Emery.
- They played just three nights ago in the Champions League away against Ludogorets. They won 3-1 but even that game didn’t pass without alarms.
- Jese Rodriguez & Javier Pastore are both injured and miss out, but neither have been featuring much yet this season anyway.
- Right back Serge Aurier is suspended.
- Might be some player rotation following the CL match, gut PSG are used to this and have plenty of quality options.
- Les Girondins seem like an inconsistent team but have won 4 out of 7 matches and are fifth in the table.
- Have already won away against Lyon this season and seem to surprise people when underdogs.
- New coach Jocelyn Gourvennec has shown an ability to mix up his tactics and I’m not sure how he’ll approach this game. He did have some success against PSG when managing Guingamp.
- Bordeaux have no new injuries or suspensions to worry about.
- They are unbeaten in their last three H2H meetings against PSG so mentally they certainly won’t be beaten before they arrive here.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- It’s looking like the 6-0 win against Caen is a bit of an anomaly right now for PSG. Overall, they’ve had a below par start to the season and don’t seem to have clicked yet under their new coach.
- Travelling to the capital won’t be easy but Bordeaux will relish being the underdogs and might be able to cause PSG some issues.
- The hosts are a massive -1.75 favourite. Of course, if they turn up and play to their best then this could look very generous, but the overall signs are that they aren’t in top gear at the moment.
- I would say the most likely outcome is a close PSG win, either by 1 or 2 goals. Taking Bordeaux +1.75 is slightly tempting.
- However, betting against PSG in the capital isn't usually a good idea and is highly risky. The most sensible play is to leave the match alone.
- Don’t presume this is a PSG banker win though, Bordeaux could keep it close and surprise everyone.
Recommended bet: None