- The champions claimed a comfortable 3-0 win against Basel on Wednesday night but have been anything but convincing in the ligue this season, with the exception of a couple of bigger victories.
- New manager Unai Emery is still settling in at the club and players still getting used to his systems.
- The likes of Pastore, Verratti, Di Maria & Motta are all doubtful for this clash, so PSG could be lacking weapons in the middle of the park.
- They are usually very strong in front of their own fans and only conceded one goal here so far this season.
- OM have won 2 of their last 3 games and have moved up to the midtable vicinity. They have a new coach and Rudy Garcia will take charge of his first game here in Paris.
- Garcia is a well respected coach across Europe but what a start he has! A trip to the Parc de Princes to face PSG couldn’t be a more difficult opening for the ex Roma boss.
- The midfield duo William Vainqueur & Remy Cabella are both injured and will miss this match.
- Marseille have lost their last 10 meetings against PSG and this mental baggage will be hard to them to deal with in the approach to the game.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Le Classique fixture between the two of the biggest names in French football. Both teams hate each other and there is a big rivalry.
- If PSG keep winning this contest then how can you even call it a rivalry though? The capital club have won the last 10 H2H meetings and completely own Marseille in recent seasons.
- Based on those statistics, it’s hard to argue that PSG are deserving favourites, but their asian line is set between -1.5 and -1.75, which seems quite big.
- The goal line is set between 3 and 3.25 which feels really big for a match like this. It could be an open encounter but a Le Classique contest could equally be tight.
- There are a few question marks surrounding OM due to their recent change of manager but I am strongly tempted to take the visitors +1.75. However, it’s never wise to bet against PSG in Paris so I’ll give it a swerve.
Recommended bet: None