- Inconsistent side but have been extremely good at home this season, winning all of their four games and keeping a100% record at Roazhon Park.
- This isn’t too much of a surprise. New coach Christian Gourcuff has always been a strong home manager but poor on the road.
- Midfielder Gelson Fernandes is suspended, but at least they welcome back playmaker Christian Gourcuff, who is the managers son.
- Elsewhere, they have a sprinkling of injuries, the most notable being defender Ramy Bensebaini who has been a regular starter at centre back.
- The good news is that Rennes have total availability of all their attacking players and the coach has a luxury of options in the final third.
- Les Girondins have only won 1 of their last 4 games but are still situated in seventh spot thanks to their fine start to the season.
- New coach Jocelyn Gourvennec has settled in well, although his side have shown various different faces this season and are wildly inconsistent.
- Team news is extremely favourable. Bordeaux have no suspensions and their only injuries are to the long term Nicolas Maurice Belay and young midfielder Valentin Vada, who is a promising talent but not that important.
- Away wins at Metz and Lyon prove that Les Girondins can be a threat on their travels and I wouldn’t hold it against them too much losing in Paris and Toulouse, two difficult locations.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a battle between two coaches who used to face each other a lot in Brittany derbies when it was Lorient v Guingamp. Each manager is now at a different club though.
- Rennes are very strong at home and playing in front of their own fans should give them the advantage here.
- The Breton outfit can be grabbed as big as 1.79 on a DNB handicap and this looks way too big. This looks a decent value bet to me and should be taken. They have a 100% home record for goodness sake!
- Over 2.25 goals also looks like a strong possibility here. Both sides are inconsistent with over and under matches but are no strangers to a higher scoring contest.
- Each side is at full strength offensively so there’s no real excuses should goals not be scored. The price is generous enough on this line so I’m happy to strike on both bets.
Recommended bets 1 unit each: Rennes DNB @ 1.79 & Over 2.25 goals @ 1.99