St Etienne preview
- Les Verts shook off a couple of poor performances by beating Caen 2-0 away from home last week. It was a very convincing and professional performance from Christophe Galtier’s men but this will be a tougher test.
- Injuries have settled down for St Etienne although a couple of starters like Fabien Lemoine (CM) & Romain Hamouma (RW) remain out.
- Sainte are still unbeaten at home this season and have dominated most encounters. This will be a slightly different test against a higher class team though.
- Leonardo Jardim’s side are the highest scorers in the division weighing in with a massive 29 goals so far. In recent weeks they thumped Metz 7-0 and hammered Montpellier 6-2. This won’t be such an easy affair though.
- Injury news is favourable although key man in the middle Joao Moutinho is rated doubtful and could be rested ahead of an important CL hom match against CSKA Moscow.
- With the Champions League on the horizon, the coach might be tempted to rotate his team anyway. Monaco tend to do a very good job with this though and their squad is youthful and has plenty of depth who perform well.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a matchup between two of the strongest teams in the division. Both teams could cancel each other out and a draw is perhaps the most likely outcome.
- Monaco have been involved in a lot of over 2.5 matches this season, which makes Over 2.25 highly tempting here. However, Sainte are likely to sit back against them, giving little space.
- This sort of fixture is usually quite tight, containing few chances. I don’t expect either side will want to inject too much pace into the encounter.
- The bookies are struggling to separate each outfit on a DNB line and I can’t either. This isn’t a match I am particularly interested in betting on.
Recommended bet: None