- TFC have been in excellent form this season and still remain fourth in the table. They have a 100% home record, already beating the likes of Monaco & PSG here.
- Since Pascal Dupraz this stadium has become a fortress again. The one blemish was against Lyon last year (2-3) so the ex Evian manager will be desperate for revenge.
- Once again the squad is in excellent condition with no major injuries or suspensions. There’s a consistency, both in terms of player selection and style which is really helping Toulouse at the moment.
- The good times seem to be returning to the violet city. For the first time in ages, fans are excited about their team and I expect a really good atmosphere inside the stadium.
- OL are in somewhat of a crisis. They’ve lost a whopping 5 out of 10 games so far this season and are routinely making mistakes which are costing them matches.
- Coach Bruno Genesio is certainly under some pressure to turn things around but their away record has been terrible this season since winning at Nancy on the opening day.
- Squad condition is at least becoming favourable again. Only right back Christophe Jallet & playmaker Mathieu Valbuena are injured. Out of form centre back Nicolas NKoulou is dropped due to some poor performances.
- Key striker Alexandre Lacazette should now be at peak condition again following an injury layoff and will be the main weapon in their offense.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Lyon actually won both fixtures between the teams last season but Toulouse were a right mess back then and things seem different now. OL have historically struggled on their visits to the violet city.
- The way things are going, I don’t really think TFC can be ignored on a DNB handicap, especially as the odds are close to the 2.0 mark. This is simply too generous for a side who have already beaten Monaco & PSG here.
- Lyon do have the quality and weapons to turn things around but there’s a lot of pressure on their shoulders at the moment and defensively they are a joke at times.
- Over 2.25 also looks worth backing. Toulouse home games are consistently open affairs containing plenty of goals. Now that Lacazette is back for OL they should offer much more of a threat too.
Recommended bets both 1 unit: Toulouse DNB @ 1.99 & Over 2.25 goals @ 1.84