- Lost 0-2 away at Le Havre last week but put up a respectable performance against one of the better teams in the ligue.
- Ajaccio aren’t very good away anyway, but are excellent at home. Currently, they possess the third best home record, winning 4 out of 6 on their island home.
- Midfielder Yann Boe Kane is suspended, whilst no1 keeper Riffi Mandanda remains out. Ajaccio don’t have any other absentees.
- They beat Reims here 1-0 last time here and nearly beat Brest as well. This is a difficult location for anyone to visit.
- A late defeat at home to Brest (0-1) last week has sent Laval to the bottom of the table. They've won just once all season.
- Dylan St Louis aside, their offense is horrible. Laval have only scored 6 goals in 12 games which is a truly appalling return.
- Left back Erwan Quintin remains injured whilst DMID Modibo Dembele is ruled out of this match as well.
- Les Tangos played on Tuesday night in the Coupe de la Ligue and lost 0-2 at home to Montpellier. A couple of players were rested to the bench but most of their usual starters featured. Fitness and fatigue could be an issue.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Incredibly, all of the last nine H2H encounters have ended draws! The last four meetings between the two sides have ended 0-0 in Ligue 2.
- Both sides have never really been known for their goalscoring or entertaining matches so these recent H2Hs aren’t too much of a surprise. Another low scoring encounter is to be expected here.
- The bookies are taking no chances with the goal line, which is set between 1.75 and 2.0. Some might even argue that backing the under is value, despite such a low line.
- Ajaccio are a strong home team, winning 4 out of 6 at Le Stade Francois Coty so far and I’m surprised they are close to 1.90 on a -0.25 handicap.
- There is a higher than usual risk of a draw in this instance, but taking a -0.,25 handicap at least offers some sort of security.
- With Laval having had just three days to recover from a cup match, and in woeful form then I feel they need to be taken on here. Their scoring record is so poor that it might only take one goal for them to prevail.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Ajaccio -0.25 @ 1.87