- Victory at Bourg-en-Bresse 4-2 last week ended a slightly lean run in which they'd only picked up 1 win in 4 games.
- The newly promoted club have shocked everyone this season by being one of the better teams in the ligue so far. Victory here would move them back up to second place.
- Their only injuries are to Mathieu Fontaine (CB), Quentin Cornette (ATT) & Guy N’Gosso (DM). All are ruled out long term and the only recent guy added to the list was N’Gosso.
- Amiens have failed to score in both of their last two home games and are probably more effective on the road right now.
Red Star preview
- The Parisian outfit have only won two games all season and as a result are only a couple of points clear of the relegation zone.
- They nearly doubled their goals tally for the whole season by drawing 3-3 with Nimes last week, but I have to think this was a complete freak.
- Red Star aren’t normally very good in front of goal, netting just four times in ten attempts prior to last week. They lack quality in the final third and their coach is quite defensive.
- The midfield duo of Ludovic Sylvestre & Stephen R’manana are ruled out because of injury. Everyone else is available apart from keeper Arnaud Balijon who’s been out long term.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Red Star are usually quite a good away team, so it’s a surprise to see Amiens quite short tonight, around the 1.95 mark.
- The newly promoted team have relished being underdogs, but tonight they are the favourites and it’s a different environment. Red Star will sit back and force them to break down a tough defence.
- Both teams are usually quite strong at the back and this unlikely to be a high scoring game. We will probably see a tactical battle and one goal either way would maybe be enough to secure all three points.
- If I had to back either side then it’d be Red Star +0.5, but Amiens have had so much momentum this season that it would probably be unwise to bet against them.
- Overall, this clash doesn’t interest me at all and looks like a good one to swerve.
Recommended bet: None