- New coach Cedric Daury takes charge of his first match for Auxerre. He has a wealth of experience at this level but has never struck me as being anything exceptional.
- Auxerre have lost their last four consecutive matches and have only won a single game all season. They are second bottom of the table.
- It’s now been over 630 mins since AJA last scored a goal and one of Daury’s first tasks is to get their offense back firing again.
- Midfielder Lionel Mathis is injured, whilst centre back Stephane Sparanga is suspended.
- Just one win all season leaves Laval outside of the relegation zone only by virtue of goal difference.
- Les Tangos are often hard to beat though and head into this match on the back of three successive draws. In recent years under Denis Zanko, they have been ‘draw masters’
- Centre back Kevin Afougou is suspended and left back Erwan Quintin is still injured. But everyone else of significance is available.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Auxerre are bang out of form but have a new manager at the helm and they’ll hope he can make an immediate impact.
- In this sort of situation it’s extremely difficult to predict anything. I would expect an improvement from Auxerre, but the question is by how much?
- Laval always play the same way in any match and will make themselves very hard to break down.
- I don’t think this is a game which will contain many chances. One goal either way would probably be enough for someone to win.
- All of the prices look fair and I think this is a clear no bet situation.
Recommended bet: None