- Back to back defeats have followed on from Bourg’s six match unbeaten run and they are now only a couple of points clear of the relegation zone.
- Surprisingly, they kept three consecutive clean sheets not so long ago, which is unlike them. However, it looks like a return to their leaky ways has returned.
- Bourg conceded four at home to Amiens in their last home match and were lucky to leave Troyes having only shipped in one goal.
- First choice keeper Julien Fabri is out injured which is a blow because he’d been in great form this season. Centre back Abdoulaye is another casualty, whilst right back Digbeu is suspended.
GFC Ajaccio preview
- Two wins in their last three games have come as a welcome relief following a difficult run.
- GFC have been reasonably good on the road this year, but they certainly lack an attacking bite and enough weapons upfront.
- This is the sort of match they need to be winning if they want to launch any sort of promotion bid, so we might see them come with a relatively positive approach.
- It looks like centre back Cedric Hountondji & striker John Tshibumbu are going to be ruled out because of injury.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- GFC are slightly favourites here in between a DNB & -0.25 handicap. This is probably fair but I don’t fancy them strongly enough to bet on today.
- Bourg-en-Bresse are a team who I’ve had problems predicting this season. I’m just not at all sure which version of them will show up at the moment.
- I certainly have a feeling that this match might be more open than many people anticipate. However, GFC aren’t a great over side because they lack clinical strikers.
- Four of the last five Bourg games have all ended under 2.5 as well. So although an over 2 goal line @ around the 1.90 mark is tempting, I’m willing to leave it alone.
- I think GFC might just claim a close win. Bourg have been known to make silly errors which costs them too many games.
Recommended bet: None