GFC Ajaccio preview
- Just 1 win in 7 games has left them stuck in midtable mediocrity.
- Lack of goals is a factor which is hindering their progress. GFCA have failed to score in nearly half of their fixtures.
- Poor striking options are to blame. Even if opportunities are created then GFC often waste them, there’s a lack of clinicality.
- The Corsicans have had a really strong home record in recent years, but not this season so far. They’ve yet to win in front of their own fans, drawing 4 out of 5 contests.
- The promoted outfit continue to hover just above the relegation zone and have only won two games all season.
- They have the worst away record in the entire league, losing 4 out of 5 contests and conceding 10 goals in the process.
- Orleans have a number of fringe players who are either injured or regaining match fitness again. However, they have no major casualties or suspensions to regular starters.
- It looks like they are starting to go into their shell again following a period of exciting matches. They have always been traditionally negative and may look to set back in this fixture.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- GFCA have struggled at home this season but will be worried if they can’t win this game against a struggling Orleans side.
- I don’t anticipate a classic. Both sides often have issues in front of goal and Orleans will probably come here with a defensive mindset.
- It could be a 0-0 contender but I’d expect GFC to create enough chances that they will probably score one of them.
- However, at an odds-on price around the 1.95 mark I don’t think they can be trusted and this is a match best swerved.
- A tight home win or a 0-0 draw is the most likely outcome, but I don’t personally see any value in either market to warrant a bet.
Recommended bet: None