- Just 1 win all season has seen Laval drop inside the relegation zone and their form isn’t very good.
- Les Tangos are the lowest scoring team in Ligue 2 with only 6 goals to their name.
- On loan striker from St Etienne, Dylan St Louis has scored 3 of those goals in just 6 appearances. He’s very classy but they have very few others who cause much danger in the final third.
- Laval don’t lose that often at home and have a knack of picking up draws against some of the bigger teams. They will approach this game as the underdog and probably sit back.
- The Brittany outfit are top of the table after beating Strasbourg 2-1 last weekend. Brest have lost just a single fixture all season.
- They remain unbeaten away from home but their road form isn’t as strong. Nevertheless, 4 out of 5 draws, many of which were at difficult locations is still a fairly strong effort.
- Key playmaker Bruno Grougi remains injured. Brest will also be without both of their starting fullbacks, Gaetan Belaud & Louis Nganioni due to injury.
- They have other options to fill these positions, but it’s likely they could be vulnerable on the wings if Laval can take advantage.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Brest are the better team although Laval are slight favourites on a DNB line. I’m a little surprised at this and I expected the visitors to be a -0.25 favourite.
- This is never an easy place to visit and Laval will probably frustrate Brest a lot tonight. However, the league leaders would probably be disappointed if they didn’t pick up 3 points.
- The goal line is set low, between 1.75 and 2, which makes the overs slightly tempting. Brest have scored in every single match bar one this season.
- Laval are a low scoring side, but usually manage to find the back of the net at home, and might be able to take advantage of the Brest fullback absences.
- All things considered, I’m willing to risk backing over 1.75 goals. Even if only two goals are scored, then this bet would result in a half win.
- I think Brest will ultimately find a way to claim victory. But I’ll leave them alone because this sort of game is a potential ‘banana skin’ at a tricky ground.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 1.75 goals @ 1.75