Le Havre preview
- HAC have been steadily climbing the table after three consecutive victories. New coach Oswald Tanchot got off to a winning start last week, beating Clermont 3-1.
- The players seem happy with Tanchot in charge and he’ll be looking to play in a positive fashion which Le Havre are traditionally associated with.
- Tanchot welcomes back three suspended players for this match including striker Ghislain Gimbert and captain at the back Steven Fortes.
- Their only absentee is defender/midfielder Cedric Cambon. But HAC have plenty of cover in this area of the park and have been coping fine (if not better!) without him.
- The Corsican outfit claimed a surprising win at home to Reims last week (1-0). But they are strong at home and have the third best record there.
- They aren’t so good away, and never have been for a long time. So far, they’ve only picked up two points and only registered two goals.
- Veteran playmaker Johan Cavalli returns from suspension but right back Anthony Lippini is still banned.
- First choice keeper Riffi Mandanda is injured and winger Ilyes Chaibi isn’t included in tonight’s squad either.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Le Havre are much the better team and should be able to win this match fairly comfortably.
- After a slow start to the campaign the Normandy outfit have gradually grown stronger and I don't think the departure of coach Bob Bradley will affect them negatively.
- In fact, the appointment of Tanchot might suit them even more if he continues to get them playing good attacking football. Le Havre have many weapons and he intends to use them.
- The hosts can be backed @ 1.76 to win this match. I am happy to confidently bet on HAC tonight. For those who are after some extra value, then taking them on a -0.75 handicap might not be a bad idea either.
- Ajaccio can be an awkward team to face sometimes, but their away record isn't very good and they are usually extremely limited on their travels.
- Logically, this looks like a really strong chance of a home win and I have no hesitation pulling the trigger.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Le Havre -0.5 @ 1.76