- Unbeaten in six league games heading into this contest and arrive off the back of a crazy 3-3 draw at Red Star!
- Have been a consistent team performance wise all season and have been trending upwards for a while.
- Their offensive strength is noticeable, with especially good wide players like Cissokho, Kouakou & Ripart all in excellent form. There is a great supply line here.
- No injuries or suspensions to worry about for Nimes, who have surprisingly yet to win at home this season.
- Les Lionceaux travel here on the back of a hard fought 1-0 win on Monday night at home to Lens (1-0) and have only lost once all season.
- Key centre back Adolphe Teikeu & playmaker Florian Martin remain injured and won’t feature in this contest.
- Two suspended players are welcomed back who missed Monday’s game. Jerome Onguene (CB) & Florian Tardieu (CM) should go straight back into the starting XI.
- Sochaux are usually hard to beat away from home and will probably make themselves difficult to break down.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A clash in styles here between a Nimes side who are usually quite positive and attacking, whilst Sochaux away from home like to sit back.
- This stadium has been a fortress in recent years, but for some reason Nimes have struggled at Le Stade Costieres this season, failing to register a win in five attempts.
- They could be frustrated again by a Sochaux team that is difficult to break down and who can be dangerous on the counter attack.
- Nimes are favourites on a DNB line and this seems fair. A goal line of 2.25 is understandable but just two of Sochaux’s last eight games have ended over.
- This is a difficult one to call and perhaps a draw is the most likely outcome. I don’t personally see a betting edge in either market so I’ll leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None