- Defeat last week at Valenciennes (1-3) ended a four match unbeaten run. But they were shorthanded and didn’t play too badly.
- For this game, midfielder Laurent Agouazi returns from suspension, and the attacking duo Romain Grange and Donah Ndoh are back after injury.
- Niort are never going to be the most enterprising team under the management of Denis Renaud and his methods are often more negative and with a defensive style, even at home.
- Home form has overall been disappointing, with just one victory facing struggling Orleans and in total they;ve only netted three goals in front of their own fans.
- It’s now five winless games for Clermont after they went down 1- 3 at home to Le Havre last week. They won’t know how they didn't score more though because they had a ridiculous number of chances and shots on goal, many of which were saved.
- Clermont are one of those teams whose performances deserve better than the results they’ve shown. But continually under the management of Corinne Diacre during the last 2-3 years, this side leaves points on the field.
- Quite why that is, I’m not totally sure. But they have a habit of sometimes cocking up games in which they dominate.
- First choice keeper Mehdi Jeannin and winger Ludovic Genest are injured, along with left back Karim Djellabi. Everyone else of significance is available.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Clermont are the better team but can rarely be trusted away from home under Corinne Diacre’s stewardship. Her road tactics can sometimes be questionable, especially if they leave themselves too open
- That said, the visitors are the better team here and if they play properly should be able to obtain victory.
- I don’t personally rate Niort much, although I will admit they've shown an upturn of form losing just 1 of their last 5 games.
- There’s every chance they could hang in the game and strike late with Clermont maybe missing chances which will cost them.
- Overall, this looks a tricky match to bet on. Clermont on a DNB is maybe slightly tempting but I am not totally convinced they will win.
- The over/ under line is set at 2.25 and this looks about fair. I see no value in the match and happy to leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None