- The newly promoted team have lost 4 of their last 5 games and have now moved back inside the relegation zone.
- USO seem to have issues at both ends of the field. The only goal they’ve scored in their last 360 mins of action was a consolation against Amiens.
- They can’t seem to find the right blend between defence and attack. If they set up hard to break down then they lose any threat going forward, and it’s the opposite if a more cavalier approach is taken.
- At least the squad is in good condition, with nobody of significance ruled out because of injury or suspension. Orleans now need to take advantage of their good health.
- ESTAC have only lost once since the opening day of the season and a run of four consecutive wins has moved them right up the table.
- I feel that Troyes’ most recent streak of 1-0 wins has been a false reflection of games. Most of the contests have been wide open. They should have scored more goals but also been lucky to avoid conceding more as well.
- Troyes have been keeping a very consistent team recently and retain the exact same squad that featured last week. They have no new injuries or suspensions to deal with.
- Jean Louis Garcia has surprisingly got them firing earlier than expected. Confidence has returned to Troyes and a lot of little things have been going their way.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Two teams in contrasting form meet here at Le Stade de la Source. Orleans have really struggled of late, whilst Troyes have been flying.
- Therefore, it’s slightly surprising to see Troyes as an underdog on a DNB handicap. If this match goes to form then Troyes certainly won’t lose.
- However, this has a feeling of a ‘trap game’ for Troyes who might potentially let their guard down. Orleans haven’t been that bad at home this season and could pick up a positive result.
- I have been badly stung by backing overs in recent Troyes games. Somehow, these bets have lost despite a number of fixtures containing a wave of chances. They are too poor in the final third making decisions and try to ‘pass’ the ball into the net too much.
- I’m really not sure here and no result would surprise me. I think it’s a good idea to swerve Troyes matches right now because a number of their results have given a false impression of affairs.
Recommended bet: None