Red Star preview
- Just two wins all season and back to back defeats has seen them drift to within a couple of points of the relegation zone.
- Red Star have the worst offensive record in the entire division, netting a measly 4 goals in 10 matches which is a horrible return.
- Things are even worse for them here at home where they’ve scored only 1 goal in 5 games. Fans are frustrated by a lack of entertainment.
- They are at full strength in defence and attack. But the midfield is hit hard by the suspension of Chavalerin, and injuries to the duo of Silvestre & Raheriharimanana
- Les Crocos head into the match unbeaten in five games and have been playing some good football.
- Performance wise, they’ve been one of the most consistent sides all season. Now that they've added some better offensive weapons like Cissokho & Kouakou, goals have started flowing and they’re much more dangerous.
- Nimes possess the best away record in Ligue 2 and have won their last three consecutive road games. Their strong counter attacking play is a massive weapon away from home.
- Right back Gael Angoula is suspended along with midfielder Theo Valls. The former is by far a more significant absentee and started every single fixture so far this season.
- Les Crocos have no major injuries to report and are at full health in this department.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Red Star are a favourite in between a -0.25 and DNB handicap, but have been drifting in the last few days and there’s even a chance Nimes might become an equal favourite by kick off.
- Red Star have struggled badly at home this season and there seems no real atmosphere at Le Stade Jean Bouin. Their inability to score goals is a real concern.
- Nimes are usually a good team to back for overs and their matches tend to be more open. However, due to Red Star’s natural defensive nature and the fact that Nimes have surprisingly kept back to back clean sheets, I’m inclined to think this might be a lower scoring contest.
- Goal line over/under 2.25 seems too high here, and I have no interest in backing the over.
- I would certainly favour the visitors to at least avoid defeat. However, if Red Star did get ahead then they’ll probably be hard to break down and have the ability to be really strong defensively.
Recommended bet: None