- Les Lionceaux have now lost their unbeaten record and suddenly their poor win tally of just three victories in eleven games looks a bad return.
- They have drawn 4 of their 5 games at home and struggled to break teams down regularly.
- A number of key players are either injured or suspended here. At the back, both Jerome Onguene & Adolphe Teikeu are ruled out, whilst playmaker FLorian Martin is another casualty. Vital midfield lynchpin Florian Tardieu is banned.
- Le Stade Bonal isn’t and has never been much of a fortress. Sochaux aren’t a highly supported team and sometimes the atmosphere here can be flat. Lens fans will arguably create more noise tonight.
- A sudden run of three straight wins has propelled them up the table. Lens have only lost once all season and their performances are getting better.
- Confidence is much higher in the squad now that they're getting used to new coach Alain Casanova’s methods.
- They have no major injuries of note, although playmaker Abdellah Zoubir who’s been in good form recently is suspended.
- Les Sang et Or are unbeaten away from home and often save some of their best performances for the road.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A big matchup between two teams who would class themselves as promotion contenders, although Lens are in much the better form.
- The visitors would appear to have the edge in a lot of areas tonight, not least team news where Sochaux will have to make do without a number of key players.
- This should be a tight match and I’d be surprised if there are many goals in it. A fear of losing is sure to be a common theme.
- Probably a 0-0 or 1-1 draw is the most likely outcome and I don't really see the need to get involved here. One goal either way from a set piece could be the difference.
- If I had to stick my neck out then I’d say Lens are the most likely victors. But apart from their good recent run this is a side who have a history of drawing too many.
Recommended bet: None