- Just 1 win in 8 games now for Strasbourg and their strong start to the season seems a distant memory away.
- A collection of things have cost them during this run, not least discipline and they’ve lost a lot of players to red cards.
- RCS have three suspensions today, including starting duo at the back Felipe Saad & Eric Marester.
- Matters are made worse by the injury to fellow defender Kader Mangane, whilst the attacking duo Bahoken & Lienard are also missing.
- Le Meinau is usually a strong fortress for Strasbourg and they’ve only lost once so far here this season. On that occasion they played with 9 men for over an hour so it was a bit of a freak defeat.
- Cedric Daury won his first match in charge of the club last week as they beat Laval 2-0 at home.
- Victory snapped a run of eight games without a win and it was also the first time they scored a goal in over 630 mins.
- A return to form for striker Yoann Touzghar was a timely boost as he netted a brace. With him threatening upfront, AJA will be much more dangerous.
- Previous results and form are probably best ignored until the new manager has settled in. It’s possible he could enjoy a honeymoon period as well.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is possibly a matchup between two teams trending in opposite directions. Strasbourg have really slipped off the pace tonight and will once again be affected by a lot of absences, especially at the back.
- With that in mind, backing the hosts @ around the 2.05 mark makes little appeal.
- One swallow doesn’t make a summer but Auxerre have to be encouraged by their victory last week and should head into the match in a confident mood.
- The goal line is set @ 2.0 with generous odds. This is certainly tempting when you consider Strasbourg’s absences at the back. However, Auxerre are still an unknown quantity under Cedric Daury.
- It’s possible he could set up in defensive fashion here and they looked fairly solid last week at times. Ultimately, there are tactical question marks.
- Overall, I could see Auxerre delivering a surprising win but it’s not a match I have high confidence about.
Recommended bet: None