- Three consecutive victories has propelled Troyes up to sixth in the table. They’ve only lost once since the opening day of the season.
- Home form has especially been strong and they are unbeaten in five games at Le Stade de L’Aube.
- Injuries are kept to a minimum to first choice starters and they have no suspensions. Left back Johann Obiang is the only real absentee of note.
- An unbeaten run of six straight games came to a staggering halt last week when they lost 2-4 at home to Amiens.
- That match signalled a return to their usual end to end type contests which had evaporated in recent weeks.
- Key goalkeeper Julien Fabri, who has been in excellent form this season is ruled out because of a shoulder injury. Big centre back Bruce Abdoulaye is another casualty.
- With the exception of striker Wilfried Louisy Daniel, who’s out long term, Bourg are otherwise at full strength in midfield and attack.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- In what will be the first ever meeting between the two teams at professional level, the expectation is that this will be an entertaining game of football.
- Both sides usually like to play in an attacking fashion and neither is likely to operate defensively.
- For some reason, the overs haven’t flowed for either side recently. But I think it’s been more of a case that results haven’t been a fair reflection on performances, especially with Troyes.
- I have backed the overs in both of the last two Troyes games and considered myself extremely unlucky that both games ended 1-0. The woodwork was hit on numerous occasions along, with a gluton of missed chances.
- Without Julien Fabri in between the sticks and Abdoulaye at the back, Bourg-en-Bresse could be vulnerable and I expect Troyes to take advantage.
- I’m not going to take the hosts around the 2.0 mark though because the visitors carry an attacking threat which could see them get something.
- Over 2.25 goals is my bet for the game and it can be backed around the 1.75 mark. If this one loses then I will think again regarding Troyes overs’ but their style of play really should be generating more goals in games.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.76