- Just 1 loss in their last 8 games has propelled ESTAC up to seventh in the table.
- Have put in some good home performances since their opening day loss to Sochaux and momentum is clearly with this side.
- The defensive duo of Marc Giraudon & Jeremy Cordival are suspended. Midfielder Tristan Dingome is another who is banned.
- Troyes still have a few players out injured on the sidelines, but they are mostly to long term casualties and no fresh concerns.
GFC Ajaccio preview
- A comfortable 3-0 win away at Tours just before the international break was their first in six matches, easing the pressure after a poor run.
- GFC have perhaps slightly underachieved this season and would’ve hoped to be situated slightly better in the table.
- Lack of goals has been an issue. Prior to that aforementioned 3-0 win, they only scored 6 in 9 games which wasn’t good enough. Maybe that victory was a sign things are starting to click though.
- Winger Yoann Court & midfielder Amos Youga are both suspended. Each has been a regular starter for GFC thus far and will be missed.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a battle between two teams who were relegated and both have settled back into Ligue 2 life relatively well. Only a single point currently separates each side.
- GFCA have surprisingly been a more dangerous team on the road this season, but that is probably down to coach Jean Luc Vanucci who has always been a good away manager.
- Troyes are only slight favourites on a DNB handicap which might look a little generous. But as I just mentioned, GFC are good on the road so it would perhaps be unwise to bet against them.
- The goal line is set between 2.0 and 2.25 and this does interest me. Troyes are quite a pro-active team, especially at home and have actually scored in all but one fixture this season.
- GFCA have had some issues in front of goal but the 3-0 victory at Tours should’ve re-ignited their confidence. They get to face a makeshift backline tonight which is missing two players to suspension.
- All things considered, I think over 2 goals is worth a bet @ 1.79. There’s a good chance of at least a push here and I could see either side taking something like a 2-1 victory.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.79