- Only suffered two defeats all season and will be buoyed by an excellent 4-2 win away at Strasbourg last time out.
- A large number of draws often hindered them last season and already this campaign 5 of their 10 games have ended all square.
- Leading scorer Nuno Da Costa is suspended. The striker has netted five goals so far this season and his presence upfront will be missed.
- Centre back Baptiste Aloe is also suspended, but Valenciennes have no new injuries to worry about.
- Back to back 1-0 wins against Orleans & Red Star have improved their position following a very poor start to the season.
- An improved defence has been the key to their better results of late. However I’m still not convinced by Niort, after all they have only beaten Red Star and Orlans who are both poor teams.
- Les Chamois have five injuries and one suspension to potential starters tonight. The most notable new absentees are defensive midfielder Laurent Agouazi & winger Romain Grange.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Valenciennes are priced up as a -0.25 favourite here which would suggest both teams are evenly matched.
- I don’t personally see things that way though. I think Valenciennes are the superior team and for some reason they are always underrated by everyone.
- Their high amount of draws is of course a concern, but I really think they should be able to find a way to beat Niort tonight.
- It’s a shame that key striker Nuno Da Costa is suspended, but it’s Niort who are more badly affected by absences.
- With a -0.25 handicap priced so big above the 1.90 mark, I think this is a no brainer selection. A draw can’t be ruled out, but a half loss is never a complete disaster.
- I don’t think this will be a classic but ultimately a 1-0 or 2-0 home win is the most likely outcome and I have faith in Valenciennes.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Valenciennes -0.25 @ 1.93