- The hosts have amazingly won their last six Tippeligaen matches. With a strong finish they might even end up as high as sixth spot.
- For the majority of the campaign they have been fighting relegation. Now that it’s mission accomplished in beating the drop they might potentially lose focus. But AKF have such great momentum it’s hard to believe the players will lose their intensity.
- The Aalesund squad has been in pretty good condition recently and once again they look set to have few absences. There’s a settled feeling within the side with consistent XIs.
- FKH bagged a very important win against Bodo last week (2-1) and that victory still gives them a chance of finishing in a medal spot. However, Odd’s shock win at Rosenborg has made life very difficult and they are four points adrift of third.
- The win last week was their first in six games and in general it’s not been a great period for Haugesund. They’ve missed a lot of chances and failed to make the most of their opportunities. They aren’t quite as clinical as they were earlier in the campaign.
- Centre back Nemanja Tubic is suspended but everyone else is available. This isn’t necessarily a good thing because the coach has struggled to find his best XI of late with so many options to choose from.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Aalesund have won six in a row, are the major form team in the league, are at home, yet are an underdog with the bookies!
- I think it’s fair to say that on paper Haugesund are slightly better, but not that much better. The visitors are only favourites because they are supposedly ‘more motivated’
- Quite how much they believe in finishing in the medal spots I’m not sure though. To make up ground on Brann and Odd won’t be easy.
- Aalesund can be grabbed 2.04 on a DNB handicap and this is too generous to ignore. They are the form team right now and I’ll take the risk that they don't lose focus or interest.
- I also like the overs in this match. Aalesund based a lot of their recent success around defence. But now that they have no pressure on their shoulders I expect them to open up and try to entertain their fans in what will be their last home match of the season.
- This could be a really exciting match with chances at both ends and I’m happy to take both bets in this affair..
Recommended bets: Both 1 unit Aalesund DNB @ 2.04 & Over 2.75 goals @ 1.81