Bodo Glimt preview
- A run of 4 defeats in their last 5 games has left Bodo out of the relegation zone only by virtue of goal difference.
- They also played in the semi finals of the NM Cup on Wednesday night against Rosenborg, losing that contest 0-2.
- Bodo haven’t been playing that badly of late just a lot of little things aren’t really going their way.
- Squad condition has actually been good and they’ve had no major injuries to deal with recently. Unless some guys picked up knocks in midweek, it should be the same again.
- Bodo have generally had a below par year in front of their own fans, losing six games at Aspmyra Stadion. They have however won 2 of their last 3 here.
- The Stavanger outfit look destined to finish in midtable and have generally struggled of late, winning just 2 of their last 10 games
- It’s been a long hard season for Viking both on and off the field. There’s a sense that everyone is looking forward to the winter break when they can regroup.
- The visitors have had no injuries recently and been keeping a consistent XI. However, they have three suspensions to important players here - Haugen, Mets & Ibrahim.
- Viking have statistically the third best away record in the league but most of their good form was earlier in the season. In recent times they’ve only won 1 of their last 5 on the road.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- If there ever was a definition of a ‘must win’ game, then this is it for Bodo. This is effectively their last game of the season because they travel to Rosenborg next week which is unlikely to yield any points for them.
- Considering some of the other fixtures that their rivals have towards the bottom, it’s clear that only three points is going to be enough to give them a good chance of survival.
- Bodo are odds-on @ around the even money mark. I feel this is fair considering the circumstances. Viking look to have mailed in their season a bit, producing some below par performances of late.
- The big question is whether or not Bodo have the bottle to deliver in such a big game. This is a team that for most of the season has struggled, hence their low league position.
- Ultimately, I think their extra desire and motivation should be crucial. With Viking missing three regular starters then I’m willing to back Bodo on this -0.5 handicap. It might get nervy but I suspect they will find a way to prevail.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Bodo Glimt -0.5 @ 2.01