- They are still in second place despite losing at home for the first time last week in what was a shock defeat to Lillestrom (1-2).
- Prior to that game, Brann had only conceded two home goals all season but that tally is now doubled.
- Striker Jakob Orlov is again rated doubtful because of injury. Winger Gili is another who might not be fit for the game. But for the first time in a while, Brann don’t have any suspensions.
- Last week’s result aside, Brann have been incredibly formidable at home this season and make no mistake about it, this stadium is a total fortress.
- MFK were disappointing as they failed to beat Sogndal at home last week (0-0). The fact that they couldn't even score a goal was perhaps the most worrying factor.
- In desperate pursuit of a medal, this might be their last big chance facing a direct rival. Victory would move them level on points with Brann, but a defeat would put them out of the picture.
- They have won 3 of their last 4 away games, but in general their road performances haven't been as strong this season.
- Injuries are minimal for Molde now, but as usual the starting XI remains incredibly unpredictable under the management of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Crunch match between 2nd and 4th in the table. The result will be highly important to determine who finishes where in the medal positions.
- Brann are extremely good at home, but many people will now be asking the question whether last week’s shock defeat was a ‘one off’ or a sign that they are starting to feel the pressure.
- Molde had massive issues breaking down Sogndal at home last week and they will probably have similar problems trying to score against a superb Brann defence.
- It’s Molde who need the win more so they are likely to take some extra risks late in the game if it remains a draw. Brann need to win in order to stay second, but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.
- Overall, I see a very tight game. I think Brann will keep things pretty solid all match and maybe only later on will things start to open up.
- Brann 1-0 has been a popular scoreline this season, so maybe once again they can prevail by this scorfeline. All the betting lines seem quite fair. If I had to take one pick then it’d be under 2.5, but I’m quite happy to leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None