- Back to back wins, including a shock 2-1 success at Brann last week has propelled LSK out of the automatic relegation spot and their aim is now to avoid the bottom three completely.
- New coach Erlandsen has introduced a more direct style of play and has the team operate in a more physical way, which seems to be working.
- Lillestrom know this is their best chance of three points out of all remaining games. This itself brings a lot of pressure though, so it’ll be interesting to see if they can cope.
- They won’t be helped by the suspensions of winger Bassel Jradi & striker Gary Martin, whilst midfielder Marius Lundemo is rated doubtful.
- The visitors have proved to be a thorn in the side of certain sides recently, claiming surprise victories against Haugesund and Tromso respectively. They are already relegated and have no pressure anymore, which probably suits them.
- Start have yet to win away from home this season and possess a 0-5-8 record. They have often remained competitive though and not been smashed easily by anyone for a while.
- The visitors have suspensions of their own with left back Rolf Vikstol and midfielder Robert Sandnes ruled out.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- It goes without saying that this is an absolute must win match for Lillestrom. But I’m not at all convinced they will have an easy ride, Start seem to be enjoying playing ‘spoiler’ at the moment.
- The hosts are priced on a -1.25 handicap which looks far too big. They have kept one clean sheet since the middle of May and have only won one match by a two goal margin during this period.
- Ok, Start are the worst team in the Tippeligaen, but Tromso lost to them last week in a similar situation, so LSK have to be careful.
- Ultimately, I think the hosts will get the win they need, but I suspect it will be a close run thing. The hasndicap and goal lines don’t have any appeal to me, so I’m happy to leave them alone.
Recommended bet: None