- The hosts have been in poor form for a while, winning just 2 of their last 11 games. And even those victories were only against lowly Start and Lillestrom.
- Yet somehow, they are still third in the table and remain in with a good chance of picking up a medal. Form will need to dramatically improve though.
- Key midfield duo Jone Samuelsen (inj) & Fredrik Jensen (susp) will both miss out, as does talented winger Zekhnini (inj)
- There was also some doubt surrounding the participation of striker Olivier Occean, but he now looks set to feature.
- Odd have lost 3 of their last 4 games at home and the Skagerak Arena has been anything but a fortress in recent times!
- Just 1 win in 6 games for Haugesund, who are also chasing a medal position.
- They haven’t been playing too badly recently but a lack of goals has perhaps cost them. Scoring just twice in four games has certainly hindered them.
- FKH are a good balanced team in all areas of the field and have no major injuries or suspensions heading into this game.
- Once again, the coach has some big decisions to make regarding who will start. It will be interesting to see if striker Torbjorn Agdestein will get the nod because ironically he’s moving to Odd next season!
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a battle between two medal contenders who have gone off the rails a bit recently. Victory would be worth its weight in gold but neither team is in great form.
- Odd’s plight has perhaps been more alarming because performance wise they've been so poor at times. Missing key players once again, I fear for them a little bit today.
- Whether or not Haugesund can take advantage remains to be seen. They are creating opportunities, just not taking enough of them at the moment.
- Odd are priced just above the 2.0 mark to win, which is too short. Backing Haugesund on a +0.5 or a +0.25 handicap might be a shrewd move.
- I personally prefer not to stake anything on this clash but I don’t think Haugesund will lose. But their lack of clinicality upfront and failure to convert dominance into results worries me, so I’ll leave the game alone.
Recommended bet: None