- The champions have long since wrapped up the title and are unbeaten since the opening day of the season, when they actually lost to today’s opponents Odd.
- Rosenborg have generally kept their motivation quite well, but they have an upcoming NM Cup semi final to look forward to in midweek, so might have half an eye on that contest.
- Therefore, the starting XI could be difficult to predict here. It might be full strength because they are facing a bigger team, but at the same time some rotation would make sense.
- RBK have an outrageously good home record, winning 13/13 matches at the Lerkendal this season with a staggering 39:8 goal difference.
- The visitors returned to winning ways against Haugesund last week, beating them 2-1 at home. It hasn’t been a good second half to the season for the club but they are still in third place.
- Whatever happens here, Fagermo’s men will end the day in third position, but a victory would give them a cushion on sides below them.
- Odd have defended fairly well recently and really dug in their heels, grafting out some hard fought results. Their offense has looked poor though and they are unlikely to get too many chances here.
- Matters won’t be helped by the likely absences of winger Zekhnini & midfielder Jone Samuelsen.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Despite Rosenborg already being crowned champions, they’d love to beat Odd who are currently considered one of their biggest rivals in Norwegian football.
- RBK will also want revenge on their opening day defeat to Odd, and in recent years they have an excellent record against them winning 7 of the last 8 H2H contests.
- The hosts are priced in between a -1 and -1.25 handicap which looks about fair. If they are up for it and in the mood they will be much the better team.
- I think Odd will just park the bus and operate defensively. The goal line of 3.0 looks too steep, especially at an odds-on price. The match could open up eventually, but it’ll be Odd’s intention to slow things down.
- This could develop into an interesting match to watch but I prefer to avoid betting on the contest.
Recommended bet: None