- The hosts have enjoyed a very good season but just 2 wins in 8 games has seen them drop to seventh in the table.
- A strong finish to the campaign could see them win a medal though, so they have everything to play for.
- Injuries are at a minimum and they have no suspensions. Squad condition could hardly be any better.
- Sarpsborg are the second lowest scoring team in the Tippeligaen and their main strength is organisation, teamwork and a solid defence.
- The champions have already wrapped up the title with plenty of games to spare and head into this match unbeaten since the opening day of the season, which is a 25 game streak.
- Motivation will now be questionable for RBK, but they are a highly professional outfit and will want to keep results strong until the end of the season.
- Key winger Pal Andre Helland is rated doubtful with injury and will probably sit this game out. It’s possible some other guys might be rested out too. The RBK XI is quite hard to predict at the moment.
- Rosenborg aren't quite as strong on the road and have only won 7 out of 13 away from home this year. Still very good, but not quite the same machine they are on their own turf.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- If you are going to face Rosenborg, now is probably the best time. On the back of an international break with them having already won the title and with a cup semi final looming in a couple of weeks time.
- The big question is if Sarpsborg can take advantage. I would imagine the hosts will set themselves up hard to break down and fairly compact. There’s every chance they could keep things close.
- RBK are best priced about 1.67 here which looks too short. There is no guarantee they will win and they don’t even need to win. I think the visitors would be content with a point.
- There is perhaps some slight temptation to back Sarpsborg on a +0.75 or +1 handicap. But it would be foolish to bet against Rosenborg because they are capable of turning it on at any time, depending what mood they are in.
Recommended bet: None