- Back to back victories look to have secured their safety and moved Sogndal back towards the comfort of midtable.
- Their older values at the start of the season seem to have been reinforced. They are working hard together, fighting for everything and the defence is much more solid again.
- Home record strong and have only lost twice in front of their own fans this season.
- Squad in good condition with no major injuries or suspensions to worry about.
- Now up to second place after consecutive victories. Due to the form of some other teams around them, it’s really in Brann’s hands to finish as runner up this season.
- Suspensions continue to plague them badly. The key midfield duo of Fredrik Haugen & Kristoffer Barmen are both banned.
- Brann are not as strong away from home, although still can’t be underestimated on the road. Their defence is usually watertight
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A battle between two promoted sides who have both done really well this season.
- Sogndal look safely secured in midtable, so the match probably means more to Brann who are fighting for a medal spot.
- However, Sogndal can’t be underestimated and will make life difficult for their opponents.
- Both sides are similar in setup, which isn’t really typical for Tippeligaen sides. There’s a strong emphasis on defence, organisation, discipline and keeping things tight.
- I don’t think many goals will be scored in this game and a single strike either way might be enough to get three points.
- The extra pressure on Brann might be detrimental to them and Sogndal could sneak it 1-0.
- The hosts on a DNB line are maybe slightly tempting, but when a game is set to be so close the most sensible option is to refrain from betting.
Recommended bet: None