- Have picked up two priceless 1-0 victories against Odd & Bodo Glimt respectively recently. However, due to Bodo’s Friday night win Stabaek are back to third bottom of the table.
- If they want to avoid the relegation play off match then this is the sort of fixture they need to be winning. However, defeat would put them back in danger of going down automatically.
- Stabaek performances under the management of Toni Ordinas have been much better. But he has been unable to solve their goalscoring issues.
- Midfielder Luc Kassi & winger Keita are both rated doubtful.
- Arne Erlandsen replaced the sacked Runar Kristinsson last weekend but got off to a losing start against Sogndal (1-2).
- Defeat here would go a long way towards relegating them automatically. They simply can’t afford to lose.
- Veteran centre back Frode Kippe is suspended, whilst the midfield duo of Ofkir & Lundemo are rated doubtful.
- With just 1 win in their last 15 games, Lillestrom won’t be heading into the match with much confidence.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a genuine ‘6 pointer’ down at the bottom of the table and it’s sure to be a nervy encounter. Both teams will fear defeat, but at the same time desperately need a win.
- Stabaek head into the match in much better form so I would give them the edge here, but Lillestrom will surely fight for their lives.
- It’s possible the new LSK coach might have inspired his players following another week working with them, but who knows.
- There are still too many question marks surrounding the visitors so I’m happy to leave this game alone.
- I could see a really physical encounter with neither side giving an inch. Expect a lot of commitment.
- It’s such a tough match to call but because LSK have been so bad for a long time, I’ll predict Stabaek to sink one final dagger into them.
Recommended bet: None