- This will be Start’s last home match before they go down to the OBOS-Ligaen next season. They have at least regained some respectability recently and seem to have enjoyed playing ‘spoiler’ against some other teams.
- The hosts have had nothing to play for in recent weeks but have delivered some much better performances and right now can’t really be underestimated.
- Having covered a string of asian handicap lines during a 10 game period, there’s no guarantee they will lose, or at least lose easily anymore.
- One more win would secure them a deserved medal spot and would also increase their chances of finishing second ahead of Odd.
- Brann have been excellent all season and a victory against close rivals Molde last week looks to have done enough to ensure they finish in the top three.
- Their away form hasn’t been as strong this season but they simply have to deliver in a match like this facing such a lowly ranked opponent.
- Squad condition is good with only striker Jacob Orlov rated doubtful.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Brann are quite rightly -0.75 favourites and should win the match. But they have a knack of winning games only by one goal and Start have suddenly become no pushovers.
- The biggest strength the visitors have is a solid defence and I see no reason why they won’t continue to lean on their biggest weapon.
- My feeling is that this won't be a walk in the park for the visitors and I don’t really have any interest betting on the game.
- Start have been costly for me in recent weeks and I’m happy to leave their games alone for now.
Recommended bet: None